Here comes summer – you’re going to change up your wardrobe, so it stands to reason that you should change up your skin care routine as well, especially now that the sun is out, and you’re naturally going to spend more time outside enjoying it.
We’ve rounded up some summer skin care tips from dermatologists, to help keep your skin looking its best. Read the full article behind our tips here (via Allure Magazine).
- Lighten up in the summer – less product, with all the heat and humidity of summer, dermatologists recommend trading in that heavy cleanser for a lighter foaming option.
- The sun dries skin, so a moisturizer is important – but in the interest of minimizing how many different products we use, go for one that has a built in SPF of 30 or more.
- Dermatologists recommend a Vitamin C serum, to be used in between cleansing and moisturizing.
- Cut down on shower time – or at least keep them short – the shower time, or overly hot water showers can lead to over-drying your skin, or even summer eczema.
- Don’t forget the sunscreen. Broad spectrum, 50 SPF or higher, and limit your sun exposure.
And, some tips on making your transition to summer makeup, from Good Housekeeping.
- Similar to the skin care tips above, less is more for summer. Try a light foundation that offers sun protection for a dual purpose product!
- On a hot day, the last thing you want is your face to melt. A good primer and a setting spray are must-haves!
- Look for glossy lip stains over heavy creamy lipsticks (which will melt in your purse)!
- Now is the time to break out the waterproof mascara. Good for a dip in the pool, or if you’re outside and starting to sweat. Look for waterproof versions of your other favorite products, to keep things from ruining your look.
- You probably don’t even need blush in the summer. Opt for a good bronzer instead, and just hit the high points on your face where it needs a pop of sheer color.